As a former event planner, myself, I know how difficult it can be to book the right entertainment.
The problem is feeling confident that you made a quality purchase. There's so much information asymmetry out there and lots of low quality acts get away with misrepresenting themselves or ignoring the needs of the client, while still getting paid!
Luckily, its actually quite easy to spot the differences between a low quality Event DJ and a Great One, if you know which signs to watch out for.
By using my own DJing service as an example, this page seeks to educate you, the event organizer, on how to navigate your purchase of a DJ to feel more confident that your party or event is going to get the best music treatment possible!
Its simple: Less stress, more joy
My approach to helping you with your event
I aim to relieve you, the event organizer, of as much stress around the musical entertainment as possible. With every client, I conduct a simple, yet thorough, research process that identifies your event attendees' musical needs, while taking up as little time as possible on your end. (Check out more on this and my 120% guarantee, below)
Oh and by the way...
I have extensive experience in event planning. Upon booking, you will have access to all my contact information, not only to communicate about DJing, but also if you want to run a marketing idea by me. I specialize in online and experiential promotion / marketing and additionally know countless event vendors in the Boston area. Ask me anything! (Resume, below)
Think of what you're actually buying and let it guide you.
- It's not really to have someone fade from track to track, really smoothly (you know robots can do that, now!).
- The DJ's job is to simplify your life and improve the quality of your event. They must be flexible, responsive, prepared and helpful!
Ask your DJ about their experience. What events have they done in the past? In what capacity have they done so? How will they facilitate proper music selection?
Ask whether they do song requests. If you can, try asking on the phone. Their response is a huge clue for how "me-centric" vs. "client-centric" the DJ operates. If they seem frustrated by the question, they're less likely to be helpful, professional and responsive.
Available Services For Your Event
- Live DJing (2 hr - 8+ hr)
- MCing / Mics Included
- Sound Equipment Included*
- In House Capacity: Indoor, 100-2500** people | Outdoor 100-1500** people
- Third Party Capacity: Indoor, 2500+ people, Outdoor 1500+ people
- Lighting Equipment offered through third party vendor partners.
- Know what the DJ can and can't do by making your needs known as early as possible.
- Also know where your money is actually going. Is the DJ providing equipment and other services him/herself or through a third party. If they don't make it known, ask. The hiring process might be more complicated than you realize, at first, making it difficult to plan your use of time as an event approaches.
What this service *ISN'T*
- Able to provide extensive lighting set-ups (We have limited, simple solutions, but focus on the music. Also, we welcome emails regarding referrals to other services that DO have this capacity!)
- About my personal music tastes. (It's about filling your guests with joy, fun and social connection to one another!)